Announcements & Events
Regional Print Centre 2019/20
We are delighted to announce that Coleg Cambria has been awarded Arts Council of Wales funding to run the Regional Print Centre project in 2019/20. The Centre will continue to offer training and development opportunities through the medium of printmaking. These include:
- studio open access (120+ sessions per year)
- a studio membership scheme (for Open Access users/offering discounts and exclusive offers)
- specialist workshops with guest printmakers/artists
- printmaking courses
- an annual print symposium
All events will be advertised on our website/social media channels throughout the year.
The Print Symposium: Collaboration in Printmaking
A one-day symposium led by artist printmakers discussing their practice & collaborative projects.
Wednesday 27th February 2019
Tŷ Pawb, Market Street, Wrexham, Wales, LL13 8BB
£45.00 including lunch and refreshments
Booking essential via email or telephone
[email protected] / 01978 267629
- Hilary Paynter
- Barry Morris (MOSTYN)
- Tom Frost
- Reveal Printmakers
Would you like to try printmaking or refresh your printmaking skills? Perhaps you are looking for a new creative direction? If so, then this is the workshop for you!
Printmaking: Introduction/Refresher Workshop (26/03/2019 – 18/06/2019)
- Day: Tuesday (6-8pm)
- Starts: 26/03/2019 (and runs for 10 weeks)
- Dates: 26/03, 02/04, 09/04, 30/04, 07/05, 14/05, 21/05, 04/06, 11/06, 18/06
- Level: Beginner/Refresher
- Cost: £120.00
- Booking essential (via email or telephone)
- Includes all materials (full payment required on the first session)
This is a 10 week workshop for anyone who would like to try printmaking for the first time or refresh their printmaking skills in a professional studio environment. The aim of the workshop is to give you a series of practical taster sessions on a variety of creative printmaking techniques.
Over the 10 weeks there will be sessions on each of the following printmaking processes: relief, intaglio, collagraph, mono and screen. You will be taught by one of the Regional Print Centre’s Print Facilitators who have a wealth of printmaking knowledge and understanding.
All materials and equipment will be provided and participants are encouraged to explore their own subject and creative influences throughout the workshop sessions.
Participants who complete the 10 week programme can then progress to our Focus on Printmaking Workshops and Visiting Artists Workshops. You can also use the Regional Print Centre’s open access facilities to develop their work and understanding.
UAL – Level 3 Award in Printmaking (2019)
Course Code: LA10613
This is an accredited qualification run by Coleg Cambria and hosted by the Regional Print Centre
- Level: intermediate/advanced (Previous experience of printmaking is required)
- Starts: 30/03/2019 – 10-week course (1 day per week)
- Day: Saturday (10am-4pm)
- Dates: 30/03, 06/04, 13/04, 04/05, 11/05, 18/05, 25/05, 08/06, 15/06, 22/06
- Cost: £420.00 – Includes all materials
- Enrol here: https://goo.gl/WMnjQ3
Printmaking as a creative activity has a long and distinguished history. It has provided a multi-faceted vehicle for an enormously diverse range of artists, from Durer to Warhol, to explore an equally diverse range of issues and ideas. The qualifications, whilst allowing students to build on prior experience, will require them to face up to new intellectual and material experiences and challenges designed to deliver an independent critical understanding and extended skills base.
In order to achieve a Level 3 Award in Printmaking students must complete two units
- Unit 7 Level 3 Principles of Printmaking (compulsory)
In addition, one optional unit from:
- Unit 8 Level 3 Intaglio Printmaking
- Unit 9 Level 3 Relief Printmaking
- Unit 11 Level 3 Screen Printing
All units will be internally assessed and moderated against the assessment criteria for those units.
Students are required to achieve a pass grade in each unit to qualify for an overall qualification grade.
Participants can also move on to use the open access printmaking facilities available through the Regional Print Centre to further develop their work. They can also progress to specialist visiting Artists Workshops which take place regularly throughout the year.
In order to use the studio space and facilities during open access periods you will need to become a Regional Print Centre member and have some printmaking experience.
During open access times a Regional Print Centre member of staff will be on hand to offer support and guidance.
During term time
Monday – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
Tuesday – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
- £8.00 for up to 4 hours or £12.00 for a whole day for Standard Members.
- No charge for Inclusive Members.
Extended open access opportunities will be available during college holiday periods
Please see the events calendar for more details
The Regional Print Centre stocks a diverse range of papers which can be purchased during Open Access sessions.