Course Code: LA10613
This is an accredited qualification (subject to validation) run by Coleg Cambria and hosted by the Regional Print Centre
- Level: intermediate/advanced (Previous experience of printmaking is required)
- Starts: 14/04/2018 – 10-week course (1 day per week)
- Day: Saturday (10am-4pm)
- Dates: 14/04, 21/04, 28/04, 05/05, 12/05, 19/05, 26/05, 09/06, 16/06, 23/06
- Cost: £420.00 – Includes all materials
Enrol here: https://goo.gl/WMnjQ3
Printmaking as a creative activity has a long and distinguished history. It has provided a multi-faceted vehicle for an enormously diverse range of artists, from Durer to Warhol, to explore an equally diverse range of issues and ideas. The qualifications, whilst allowing students to build on prior experience, will require them to face up to new intellectual and material experiences and challenges designed to deliver an independent critical understanding and extended skills base.
In order to achieve a Level 3 Award in Printmaking students must complete two units
- Unit 7 Level 3 Principles of Printmaking (compulsory)
In addition, one optional unit from:
- Unit 8 Level 3 Intaglio Printmaking
- Unit 9 Level 3 Relief Printmaking
- Unit 11 Level 3 Screen Printing
All units will be internally assessed and moderated against the assessment criteria for those units.
Students are required to achieve a pass grade in each unit to qualify for an overall qualification grade.
Participants can also move on to use the open access printmaking facilities available through the Regional Print Centre to further develop their work. They can also progress to specialist visiting Artists Workshops which take place regularly throughout the year.
In order to use the studio space and facilities during open access periods you will need to become a Regional Print Centre member and have some printmaking experience.
During open access times a Regional Print Centre member of staff will be on hand to offer support and guidance.
During term time
Monday – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
Tuesday – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
- £8.00 for up to 4 hours or £12.00 for a whole day for Standard Members.
- No charge for Inclusive Members.
Extended open access opportunities will be available during college holiday periods
Please see the events calendar for more details
The Regional Print Centre stocks a diverse range of papers which can be purchased during Open Access sessions.