28th – 29th May 2015 (10:00-16:00)
In this workshop we will explore the mark making potential of electro etching on Zinc, mild steel and copper. It has a history of over 150 years and has been enjoying a recent resurgence as the most economic and potentially safest alternative to acid etching.
The workshop will explore electro-etchings potential as an alternative mark making process. In traditional etching marks are made by removing metal from the plate one of the advantages of electro-etching is that metal can be both added and removed.
The workshop aims to:
• Provide a simple introduction to the theory and practice of electro etching.
• Introduce the equipment needed for electro etching, how to set it up and use it safely.
• Preparation and etching of plates.
• Inking and printing plates.
• Participants will have gained a working knowledge of electro etching and will have made and proofed at least one plate.
Booking essential (via email or telephone)
Non-members £120.00/Members £75.00